Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is a non-profit organization established in 1996 by the Hungarian Government, with the task of managing international cooperation programmes and special projects in the field of education, training and EU-related issues.
TPF aims at
- supporting initiatives aiming at the modernization and quality improvement of education, training and human resources development,
- encouraging international cooperation and mobility,
- strengthening the European dimension in these fields.
Management of scholarship and cooperation programmes
- Promoting the programmes
- Assistance and consultancy services
- Active role in partnership building
- Financial management
- Dissemination and valorisation
- Provision of structured information on education and training policies
- Initiatives for improving mobility and other internationalization measures
- EU2020 related projects
- Thematic conferences and publications
- Joint actions with partner organizations
- Training courses
TPF is intensively involved in international activities, in order to encourage foreign institutions to cooperate with Hungarian partners on the one hand, and to make known the achievements at European level on the other.
International activities include:
- help in partner search,
- a guide for international students, teachers and researchers (available on-line at www.studyinhungary.hu),
- taking part in international projects and bilateral cooperation as partner or coordinator,
- active role in dissemination projects funded by the European Commission,
- active participation in the implementation of the Lisbon Strategy.